Please find below the second CESSDA SaW Newsletter. This newsletter is the opportunity for the coordination team to congratulate and thank the TARKI Team (and all those who helped) for the successful organisation of the 3rd CESSDA SaW Consortium Meeting in Budapest. We would also want to emphasise the success of the Mid-term Review held in brussels and the extremely positive feedbacks received from the reviewer and the Project Officer.
We wish you all a Happy New Year 2017!
CESSDA SaW Project Manager
1st Amendment Request – Addition of 3 new partners to the project consortium
– SOHDA from Belgium as a CESSDA Linked third party
– UNIMIB from Italy as a Beneficiary
– RODA from Romania as a Beneficiary
A first amendment request was submitted in December but withdrawn due to an incorrect date of entry into force of the amendment. The second amendment has just been submitted.
2nd Amendment Request – 3-month extension fo the project
The 3-month extension has already been informally approved by the Project officer. An amendment requesting this extension will be submitted only after the 1st amendment request for the addition of new partners will be approved by the European Commission.
REVIEW – BRUSSELS – 11/10/2016
The Project Mid-Term Review was held in Brussels on the 11th of October 2016. A rehearsal meeting was also held on the 10th of October.
The full report can be read here : Mid-term review
The following excerpt from the report :
“This project is an impressive set of tasks and activities that taken together will have wide and lasting impact on social science research and the wider society. Multiple aspects of the project break new ground and take the field of digital data archiving to new levels. Some of these products are already in hand and demonstrate a high degree of quality. The project is well on its way to accomplishing its overarching objectives of strengthening CESSDA as an infrastructure and bringing new institutions into CESSDA membership. Fulfilling this vision will provide salient benefits for the European research area.”
2nd CESSDA SaW Workshop – Zagreb Croatia – 01-02 / 03 / 2017
Second Training workshop
on Trust and Technical Aspects
within the CESSDA infrastructure
Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd of March, 2017
PLEASE, SAVE THE DATE!
The topics of the workshop will be:
– Trust: training on how to achieve a Data Seal of Approval (as required by the CESSDA Annex 2 Obligations),
– Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure (AAI) within CESSDA,
– Sustainability and funding models for support services,
– Meeting of Service Providers outside of the current CESSDA (to prepare high level workshop in April 2017),
SUMMARY OF WEBSITE UPDATES
* Deliverable 2.2 – Knowledge-Sharing Platform Content and Management Policy – DELIVERED
* Deliverable 3.3 – Guide for national planning for setting up new data services – DELIVERED
* Deliverable 5.2 – International knowledge exchange forum report – DELIVERED
* 2 Milestones uploaded